Lake District Summer Music is 30
Lake District Summer Music is celebrating its 30th birthday, and this year’s festival is going to take place between 1st and 14th August. This world renowned international festival takes place across the Lake District in some stunning locations.
With well over 50 events there is something for all music lovers’ if you enjoy chamber music or orchestral concerts, music theatre, jazz and much much more…
Another part to the festival is the Academy, the festival welcomes young musicians on the brink of their careers, and they have a demanding schedule of individual lessons. This academy is based at Brathay Hall in Ambleside.
A new video introduction Lake District Summer Music International Festival & Academy Experience.
Here are a small selection of the events;
- Armonico Consort and Baroque Players, 8pm at Coronation Hall, Ulverston
- Kuss Quartet 1, 7.30pm at Ambleside Parish Church, Ambleside
- Trio di Parma, 8pm at St Thomas’s Church, Kendal
- Firebird: a Russian Folktale, 3pm at Windermere Carver Church, Windermere
- Music for a Summer Evening, 8pm at Hawkshead Parish Church
If you would like to find out more about the Lake District Music Festival and more Cultural events in the Lake District CLICK HERE